SBI Complaint Status Check Online: If you are facing any issue then, you can simply submit a complaint online at cms.onlinesbi.com official website. You will get response soon as possible with solution.
SBI is one of the leading Bank which has approximately 24 thousand branches and more than 59 thousand ATMs, apart from it, there are around 200 offices in 37 different countries and the Bank has more than 300 correspondents in 72 different countries from India.
But sometimes the consumer has to face problems of many ways. For example, a complaint about any issue during transaction using SBI Net Banking or offline transactions, due to some errors from the SBI Net Banking website, lost money in the transaction, misstatement or getting data and many more issues.
And this is the reason that SBI facilitates SBI Online complaint to its existing SBI customers and prepaid card holders (non-customers). SBI customers always have an option to contact the phone and to look into the situation of the complaint, but the complaint can usually be notified via SMS and email. But do you know that you can file online complaint on SBI Online portal and through this article you will be able to know and track your complaints status on cms.onlinesbi.com.
Also check: SBI Credit Card Status
You get the multiple options to make a title or subject to raise a complaint and here are some options in which you can make complaints.
- Card/user is blocked
- Disputed transactions
- Card balance reduced and cash on received from ATM
- OTP not received through E-com transactions.
- Duplicate card
- Replacement pin not received
- Less amount dispensed from ATM
- SMS not received after completing ATM/POS/E-com transaction
- Unreadable web pin
SBI Complaint Registration
You can submit your complaints online at SBI’s online portal or webpage and here are the steps below to assist you.
- Visit the official website of SBI Complaint: https://cms.onlinesbi.com/CMS/.
- Now on the screen you will see a complaint form.
- In this form you will have to enter your account number, mobile number, email id, complaint category, product and services, brief summary of complaint.
- In the Description field, you can briefly write your query due to the permission of 500 characters.
- After filling out the form, the details are verified properly.
- Finally, click the submit button, after which your complaint has been successfully registered in the SBI Complaint Website.
- You will get the notification for this on your registered mobile number or email.
How to check SBI Complaint Status online at cms.onlinesbi.com
- To track the SBI complaint status check online, you need to go to SBI Complaint Status webpage https://cms.onlinesbi.com/CMS/Status.jsp.
- After this, enter your complaint ticket number.
- Tick the captcha code displayed in the box.
- Now, click on submit button
- After that the process has been completed, you will be shown the latest status of your registered complaint.
Download SBI Customer feedback or complaint form
This is the another method and in this method to fill complaints the services of SBI bank, can download the application form from the site, fill the details and drop it into the nearest branch.
SMS unhappy- SBI customer care SMS number
If you are unhappy with the SBI bank services then you can go to your mobile SMS option, type “UNHAPPY” and send it to 8008202020.After this, you will get the call from SBI customer care to resolve your issue or complaint.
SBI Online complaint toll free number
- 1800 11 2211 & 1800 425 3800 is the toll free number for all mobile networks and landline.
- 080 26599990 is accessible from all mobile networks and landline in India.
You may also check:
- Activate Online SBI Net Banking
- SBI Toll Free Number
- SBI HRMS Login
- Check SBI Balance
- Get SBI Mini Statement
- Apply for FasTag in SBI
- SBI Credit Card Customer Care